Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Thursday 2 March 2017

Powerfully cosy!

 All finished,blocked and bobbles brushed! 



Finally ....
I have finished the shawl I mentioned in my previous post . I am quite pleased with it and more so because I have been able to use up lots of "bits and bobs" from my stash. A real stash buster!!!!
This first photo shows the real colours. I'm afraid the other photos which I took in another part of the house make it look rather orangey but it is definitely predominately green.




 


What Yarn did I use?   All sorts! As I said "bits and bobs" in fact I think I will call it my B&B shawl.
The pattern is from Esther Sandrof and I found it on Ravelry,"The Stashbuster Blarf".  A delight to crochet!


 


 My version is bigger because I just flung myself into the making of it eager to get on with it and I didn't really pay attention to measurements; so it is big! When I was blocking it I had to be careful not to stretch it too much so as not to make it any bigger.

 Big,warm and cosy!


 


I also made up my own edging and the bobbles to add fluffiness. Why the bobbles?  I am not sure really I just fancied a bit of something frivolous. I am planning to use those type of bobbles again because they were fun to make!




The negative side of the B&B shawl. Unfortunately I can't see myself using it not in this climate even in winter. As my heading here implies it is powerfully cosy ...........and warm!!!



keep well


Amanda :-)






20 comments:

  1. It looks sumptuous - especially the first picture - reminded me of a beautifully woven persian style carpet! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I hadn't thought of it like that but yes I can see what you mean :-)

      A.

      Delete
  2. It's gorgeous. I love all the stitches, textures and colours. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are exquisite and looks so cozy! Just perfect for those chilly evenings or rainy days. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely Amanda you can use it on cool winter evenings, I love the bobble edging I think that they make it, what a fantastic stash-buster. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's simply fabulous! It looks cozy on the chair like you can sit right down and it will wrap itself around you. Good job on that! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is stunning Amanda! What a beautiful job you did. Well, maybe you'll visit a cooler climate and need a shawl just like that one.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it - just sit and look at it if it gets too warm to wear it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right there...I enjoy looking at it too LOL!

      A :-)

      Delete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, love the colours in the first photo. The bobbles do add to the cosy factor xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Cheryl..yes the first photo shows up the real colours in the others there was just too much sun in those rooms. I love those bobbles :-)

      A

      Delete
  9. Since I am still drinking hot tea and just turned on my little electric fireplace I am thinking the cozy, bright shawl you made is not only pretty, but practical, Amanda! I hope you find just the right use for it πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shawl. Love the bobbles. A wonderful idea for stash busting, I am going to keep it in mind. You have chosen such lovely colours it does not look like a stash buster at all. :)
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Evening Amanda, What a fabulous way to use up wool which we all have in our knitting basket. I love the colours you have used and the tassels on the end are a really nice touch.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amanda, it is gorgeous. I love the colors and the pattern is a fantastic way to use up yarn. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola Amanda. Fabulous way to use up wool which we all have!!!
    Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Esperanza
      Thanks for popping by! Yep.....great stash buster!

      keep well

      Amanda

      Delete
  14. Fabulous! I love those colours - and a bit of frivolity now and then is fun.
    If it is unsuitable for Spain then send it to Lincolnshire! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those bobbles did it for me.... now I want to make a triangular shawl and edge it with bobbles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in to visit my blog Cherie. I so agree the bobbles were the right finishing touch :-) Look forward to seeing your shawl.

      keep well

      Amanda :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)